Title: Contract Thunderhead/ Communications Developer
Length: 6 Months initially
The Senior Thunderhead/ Communications Developer takes a central role in projects that implement timely, accurate and highly personalised customer documentation across a wide range of products and services.
Whilst your main emphasis will be on developing and testing customer documentation templates, you will also manage your own projects on a day to day basis and provide support and guidance to stakeholders and IT.
- With minimal supervision, develop appropriate customer solutions for medium to complex projects within budget and to time
- Manage the testing and release of customer solutions according to the agreed schedule and processes.
- Support production data loads in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), keeping key users updated as appropriate.
- Perform Business as Usual (BAU) support tasks at the appropriate time and according to instructions
- Attend project meetings and proactively resolve or escalate any issues, advising the Lead Customer Communications Developer as appropriate
- Contribute to the promotion of the Thunderhead team through delivery of presentations to customers, other teams and third parties and through 'knowledge transfer' sessions.
- Identifies ways to exploit advancements in Smart Communications software functionality or improvements in processes.
Knowledge and experience required
- Experience of development, test and implementation experience using an enterprise document composition tool, I.E. Smart Communications ONE. This will ideally include working with both XML source data and the API interface
- A proven ability to develop projects through the full end to end project development lifecycle.
- Experience of insurance products.
- A working knowledge of SQL and relational databases would be desirable
- Good application of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel.
Compiled by : Ryan Lomax
Compiled on : 07/03/19