Title: Contract UI/UX Designer
Location: Hedge End, Southampton
Length of contract: 3 Months
We have an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI Designer to join our client's product team. This is a critical position, working first to develop our design guidelines, then to harmonise the UI of their newest crop of applications, before tackling the transformation programme for their legacy applications.
As a UX/UI Designer you will be a member of a cross-functional team working together to improve and extend the clients' world-class platform, with the aim of delivering the underpinning UI guidelines for the market research ecosystem to our group operating companies.
- Working with Product and Engineering to take the lead in developing and socialising our system design guidelines across the Maru Group technical divisions
- Conducting research and working with system users to map user journeys
- Ensuring the best user experience and high quality of every final product so that each Maru/ application works in harmony with the others
- Working closely with developers in the implementation of the created designs and graphics into final product
- Follow an iterative design process, drive the execution and delivery of successful product designs across our portfolio of applications and their capabilities.
- Collaborate with the product teams throughout the product lifecycle and use your own technical expertise to ensure your designs are addressing both the user and business needs. Collaborate with Engineering after acceptance of prototypes, to establish feasibility within our own Ecosystem, adjust designs and subsequently ensure they are implemented accurately.
- Create high-quality UI/UX outputs, including annotated wireframes, low fidelity to high fidelity prototypes and everything else required to get stakeholder feedback early, followed by production ready final assets.
- Define best UX solutions based on stakeholder feedback and business goals
- Take on our existing UI/UX guideline toolkit, refine and establish across our owned ecosystem apps.
- Establish UI/UX techniques, templates, presentations and tools including analysis methods.
Skills & Experience
- Solid experience in the design of corporate applications (web and/or mobile)
- Professional portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual design experience across web & mobile apps
- Solid experience using prototyping and design tools such as UX Pin or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in designing for technical systems and their power users, as well as public facing applications
- Experience in providing oversight and coordination of multiple initiatives on a large product base and across multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in user research, user testing, web app design, data visualisation, story mapping, user journeys, personas and accessibility guidelines
- Experience using project management tools such as JIRA/Confluence would be advantageous