Spectrum IT are working closely with an international brand based in Southampton to recruit a Contract Voice Network Engineer for an initial short term contract. As the engineer you will have a diverse background with Avaya 6.3+ and a good working knowledge of network configurations.
As the Contract Voice Network Engineer you will analyse the voice panning and engineering needs for the group and work directly to develop suitable solutions. You will also evaluate the LAN/WAN hardware and software requirements to make recommendations and develop operational procedures for voice systems. Other responsibilities will include troubleshooting, maintaining network equipment, perform upgrades and provide feedback surrounding recommended enhancements.
- Analyse business requirements to develop/procure suitable solutions
- Evaluate LAN/WAN hardware / software requirements
- Monitor and evaluate these solutions
- Troubleshoot issues as necessary to maintain high standards
- Perform analysis with regards to voice planning, engineering and overall design
- Create or upgrade network components
- Coordinate maintenance for voice equipment
- Monitor backups of critical systems to ensure availability
- Develop simple operation procedures for Voice services in a LAN / WAN environments
- Provide infrastructure configuration and support
- Direct experience with configuring and managing Avaya voice systems
- Ability to read, write and understand technical manuals
- Vector programming experience
- Understanding of how to proactively monitor and maintain an Avaya estate and deal with daily help desk tickets
Please apply with your updated CV for more information.