Data Engineer - Greenfield Big Data project
Hadoop, ETL, Integration, Cloud, Agile
Hampshire; Fareham area
The Senior Data Engineer will play a key role in helping design and implement a Greenfield Big Data project across the business, with specific focus on ETL, Data Integration, documentation and development. The Data Engineer will work towards implementing positive change, working closely with senior stakeholders on this high-profile project in a cross functional team.
Candidates applying must be able to demonstrate recent experience in an Oracle / Hadoop Big Data environment. In return, the business can offer excellent scope for progression and training, exposure to new technology, and a competitive benefits package and excellent company culture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with senior members of the team you will help implement the strategy for all Big Data management across the business
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to improve the Hadoop Big Data platform using various tools.
- Take ownership of Data Integrations and Development
- Work closely with Senior management, Developers, TDA and Project Managers to ensure effective Agile project delivery
- Experience with the Big Data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem)
- Strong Data Engineering background - or similar; Data Analysis, Data Science, etc
- Strong ETL experience (high volume environments)
- A background in SQL, Oracle or Shell scripting or administration
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with all areas of the business
- Experience with Hive, Scoop, Nifi, Spark2, Kafka, or related tools is highly desirable
The salary is based on experience circa £45,000 - £65,000. Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website or LinkedIn, to be considered. SpectrumIT, Paul Grace
All candidates must be eligible, to work in the UK