Data Scientist - Basingstoke - Python/ Maths/ Sensor projects
Our client, based in Basingstoke, is looking for a new Data Scientist with experience in Python and a passion for Maths to join their team focused on innovative projects surrounding sensors over a variety of different sectors. The team is a small but specialist and focused team in Basingstoke and has an amazing mix of working with experts in the field on international and leading projects but also being in a small team environment.
- You will work in an interdisciplinary team alongside other signal processing experts and software engineers to design and develop data solutions including machine learning and signal processing techniques
- Develop data processing solutions for the high volumes of continuous data delivered by our instruments
- Deliver and present findings and results from data analysis to clients and internal management
- You would have a good degree in computer science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- Ideally a PhD or Masters in a related field or 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with Matlab and/or Python essential
- Experience in Signal Processing is advantageous
- Linux or Unix operating system experience is desirable
- You are engaged, creative, and self-reliant, with a solutionoriented approach.
- You are an excellent communicator - a cooperative and dependable team player - with excellent written and spoken English skills.
What's in it for you?
- Competative basic Dependant on experience of between £35,000 - £60,000
- Generous bonus package of up to 20% Annually
- Flexible core hour working scheme (As long as you are in the office between 10am and 4pm and work a full week, they don't mind when you start and finish)
- Matched pension scheme up to 5%
Are you ready to play a BIG role in a small team instead of a SMALL role in a big team? Call Rachel on 02380 765 299 for more information or just click apply to be considered!