Database Administrator (DBA)
A progressive and ambitious technology group with a commitment to high quality delivery are looking for a Database Administrator or Systems Administrator with a passion open source technology.
The successful Database Administrator / DBA will have the chance to make a significant impact on the business and will be given the chance to learn new methodologies and use new technologies.
This position could be suited to an established DBA or Systems Administrator who is familiar with Linux tools and interested in moving into a wide ranging DBA position.
The Database Administrator / DBA will be required to have experience in some but not all of the following:
- Administration experience with MySQL or MariaDB.
- Linux Administration skills (Centos & Ubuntu - Knowledge of Hardware, Network, Disk storage)
- Experience of Shell scripting.
- Knowledge in any of the following AWS, HAProxy, Redis, Cassandra, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Papertrail, ElasticSearch would be advantageous.
- Scripting or Administration experience in Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Awareness of automation technology (Chef / Puppet) and the benefits of these.
- Knowledge of InnoDB, Replication, SQL, best practises.
- Understanding of any monitoring tool.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools. (desirable)
- Knowledge or experience with Couchbase - advantageous.
The Database Administrator will be required to bring a 'calm under pressure' presence to the existing team and will be familiar with responding to constantly changing environments.
A willingness to learn is essential for the Database Administrator and a genuine interest in technology and in particular automation will be significantly advantageous.
The company offer excellent training opportunities and operate in a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org