Database Administrator (DBA)
A progressive and ambitious technology group with a commitment to high quality delivery are looking for a Database Administrator or Systems Administrator with a passion open source technology.
The successful Database Administrator / DBA will have the chance to make a significant impact on the business and will be given the chance to learn new methodologies and use new technologies.
This position could be suited to a Systems Administrator who is familiar with Linux tools and interested in moving into a wide ranging DBA position.
The Database Administrator / DBA will be required to have experience in some but not all of the following:
- Linux Administration skills (Centos & Ubuntu - Knowledge of Hardware, Network, Disk storage)
- Experience of Shell scripting.
- Scripting or Administration experience in Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Administration experience with MySQL or MariaDB
- Awareness of automation technology (Chef / Puppet) and the benefits of these.
- Knowledge of InnoDB, Replication, SQL, best practises.
- Understanding of any monitoring tool.
- Experience of AWS/S3 (desirable)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools. (desirable)
The Database Administrator will be required to bring a 'calm under pressure' presence to the existing team and will be familiar with responding to constantly changing environments.
A willingness to learn is essential for the Database Administrator and a genuine interest in technology and in particular automation will be significantly advantageous.
The company offer excellent training opportunities and operate in a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org