Delphi Developer - 3 Month Contract - Southampton
As an experienced Delphi Developer you will bring your knowledge and experience to a growing team developing retail solutions aiming to be at the forefront of the sector. As a contractor this is your chance to have a major impact on the positive growth of a development team, with your role including;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software
- Collaborate with the team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes
As a Delphi Developer, your experience, skills and knowledge will include;
- Experience of software development using Delphi
- A keen interest in how software is designed and implemented to fit in with modern practices and the ability to write clear well-maintainable code.
- Knowledge of BDE, Paradox and interfacing Delphi with COM objects
- Knowledge of the Borland VCL and RTL (Application rights and installation of Delphi 7 on Windows 10)
- Some experience working with C# using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them