DevOps Engineer - Fully remote - 60-80k
(please note although this role is fully remote candidates must be within a sensible distance so they are able to access the office if needed, a max of 2/3 hours is advised)
My client is high-end security research firm with a team of passionate and talented designers, developers and security researchers. They design and build industry leading tools that, amongst other things, help to identify and develop new cyber security talent.
Much of the team work remotely but we do have an office near oxford. There is the option to work in either environment but we do tend to meet up in oxford or London to catch up on projects, so being within a sensible travel distance of either would be useful.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our technology team. The DevOps department are tasked with taking care of all our infrastructure, based primarily on AWS and implementing state of the art CI/CD pipelining with security at the heart.
We are a business that produces several streams of output many of which require facilitation by the DevOps department. DevOps is responsible for availability, automation, performance, efficiency, scaling, monitoring and emergency response. You will use your deep understanding of platforms, architecture, people, systems, and processes to both establish and continuously improve performance, deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- AWS, mainly Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, VPC, Lambda, CloudFormation
- Virtualisation using Promox
- CI/CD on Jenkins and Github
- Local environments on Docker
- Custom VPN set up with OpenVPN and WireGuard
- Deep knowledge of AWS required
- Deep knowledge of Docker and containerisation
- Deep knowledge of networking
- Experience with Jenkins and other CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of virtualisation principles and technologies
- Creating optimal configurations of Apache and NGNIX
- Ability to maintain optimal configurations clusters of MySQL server
- Good knowledge of Bash and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux and cloud infrastructure
- The ability to maintaining, improve and replace existing solutions
- You must be able to design and implement CI/CD pipelines, including automation solutions
- Increasing deployment rate and decreasing deployment time
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of Terraform and Packer
- The ability to deploy clusters with Docker containers in production
- Production knowledge of Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Go
What we can offer
We offer a competitive market salary dependant on experience. In addition to this we have an excellent pension scheme in line with some of the best on the market as well as private healthcare and 28 days holidays + bank holidays as standard. We also fund regular team building away days and social activities and meetups.