Salary Dependent on Experience
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about driving change, automating everything and working embedded within our team of over twenty developers to improve delivery and performance across a wide range of projects of different complexities and scales.
We don't expect you to know everything already, but here are some of the skills we would like you to have or be nearly there with:
· Comfortable with Linux CLI - BASH scripting, user management and control, sudo configuration.
· Experience with configuration management tools - specifically Puppet and Puppet ENC mechanisms.
· Deploying and monitoring PHP applications using PHP-FPM.
· A passion for infrastructure as code and trying to automate everything, locating and eliminating manual steps wherever possible.
· Extensive experience with continuous integration practices and tools, ideally both in a PHP ecosystem and for front-end (i.e. Selenium or similar) tests.
· Setting up NGINX and configuring it at both a server and site level.
· MySQL (MariaDB would be a bonus). You have administered setup, managed backups and configured replication slaves.
· AWS. EC2 and IAM are essential but the more, the merrier. RDS would be a positive.
· Provisioning and installing SSL certificates. If that's been with LetsEncrypt, even better.
· Security. Familiarity with Fail2ban, iptables, SSH, LogWatch and CIS machine hardening.
There are some other areas that would be a real bonus and help push someone up that "dependent upon experience" scale:
· Monitoring tool configuration and administration - Nagios, Nagios NRPE, DataDog.
· DNS management and maintenance.
· Web Performance. Both from a server perspective and on the front-end using RUM and synthetic tooling, ideally as part of a CI chain.
· Virtualisation, ideally LXC.
· Containerisation and all that brings.
· Experience with configuration and optimisation of other parts of our stack: ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ.
· PCI compliance.
· Vulnerability scanning, ideally with Skipfish
This is an excellent company to work for, with a relaxed working atmosphere with flexible working hours. They work with some really high profile clients so you will get the chance to be involved with this from the beginning.
If you are up for the challenge send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.