£30,000 - £50,000
DevOps Engineer required by a highly successful, expanding technology company based in Basingstoke. Due to continued expansion they are looking for a motivated and innovative DevOps Engineer to join their existing development team, focusing on Linux based systems. You will be the first focused DevOps Engineer within the company so it will be a great opportunity to the pave the way within DevOps. The DevOps Engineer will ideally have a strong background in Linux, Docker and experience of scripting in Python, Bash or similar.
My client will consider applications from:
- Candidates that stem from a development background with exposure to DevOps experience.
- Candidates that want a mixture of development and DevOps.
- Pure DevOps candidates that wants to make a difference.
The company is known for using the very latest technologies and has an excellent working environment. This company offers great progression prospects and a good life/working balance as they are known to invest in the individual.
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Good Understanding of Docker
- Scripting with Python or Bash or Similar
- Experience of Software Development - Previous languages are flexible (C, C++ PHP etc.) but must be happy to learn to code in Ruby
- Experience of improving application deployments
- Experience of infrastructure as code - e.g Chef, Puppet or similar
Any experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous, but it is not a prerequisite;
- Experience with monitoring software e.g Nagios
- Cloud Platform experience e.g Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience of working in Agile
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company that offers progression and an excellent working environment. If you are looking for a role of this nature please contact Kayleighschneid@spectrumit.co.uk or call 02380 765291.