Our client, a global innovator within the transport and mobility market are seeking a DevOps Engineer with a Development background to lead their DevOps function.
As the leading DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for improving the continual development of the organisations SAAS. The software you will be working on is already improving the the efficiency of the roads globally but is now become involved within the DNA of connected and automated vehicles.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Work with agile development teams building CI, CD and release pipelines in Azure and AWS
- Help manage our cloud infrastructure from a security, cost and optimisation perspective
- Responsible for fostering cloud best practice and helping increase automation across the department
- Influence the direction of how we create and deliver software
- Apply AGILE working practices that accelerate product development and deliver products in a way that achieves time/cost/quality goals
Skills & Experience
- A background within Development
- Excellent PowerShell scripting skills, as well as experience of other scripting languages (e.g. Python or Ruby)
- Strong use of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform , Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines using automation tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins)
- Proven experience in Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps & AWS platforms
- Knowledge of containerization principles and frameworks (Docker, Kubenetes)
- Experience in using coding or scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles