Initial 3 Month Contract
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for managing and supporting a 99.9% uptime Linux based production environment in AWS and supporting our product development teams by building, administering and evolving a department wide infrastructure of software development tools and support systems; such as automated build and continuous integration. This infrastructure covers that whole software development lifecycle with particular focus on the virtualisation infrastructure and build and deployment. Maintaining a department wide perspective and ensuring that we have a high quality set of tools, while avoiding duplication and unnecessary inconsistencies is a central part of this role.
- Assist the Director to deliver department wide infrastructure for
- Server virtualization, both on premise and cloud based (focusing on the development, test and production environments)
- Source code management and source repository management
- Automated Build, deployment and continuous integration
- Test scripting and result management
- Work tracking and collaboration
- Manage relationships with 3rd party software and service providers involved in the infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance of the infrastructure to the Quality Management System
- Keep abreast of developments in the relevant areas, ensuring that new developments are taken advantage of as quickly as possible.
- Support Feature Teams in making use of the infrastructure by providing documentation, training and day to day advice.
- To present a professional, constructive and consistently positive outlook with other members of staff
Skills/Requirements/Tools (but not limited to):
- Experience building and managing business critical Amazon Web Services environments (or on similar cloud services)
- Experience using Jenkins, Maven and Bamboo build tools to create and manage CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous delivery) pipelines
- Git and/or Subversion
- Strong Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or an equivalent
- Able to script / programme at expert level in at least one of the following languages - Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, J2EE, SQL or similar language
- Familiarity with the installation and administration of Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/PostgresSQL
- Atlassian product suite
- Passionate about open source tooling
- Production experience with Docker and containers
- Interest in ChatOps