Basingstoke, Hampshire or Gateshead, Newcastle
£45,000 - £50,000
Are you an expert DevOps professional with experience in an Agile environment? We are currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join our Authentication division based either at our Head Office in Basingstoke, Hampshire or Gateshead, Newcastle.
What we are looking for:
· Strong understanding and commercial experience of developing and maintaining Azure DevOps build and deployment pipelines
· Excellent commercial experience of developing and maintaining Octopus deployments
· Highly knowledgeable in ARM or similar templating technologies
· Highly knowledgeable in Ansible or similar infrastructure as code technologies
· Skilled in platform debugging using industry standard tools and technologies
· Commercial software development experience of working as part of an agile team
· Commercial experience of developing software within a continuous deployment environment;
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, Load balancing and Firewalls
· Good technical skills with knowledge of solution design and application architecture
· Ability to envision and deliver software infrastructure that meet user needs and/or solve business problems
· Ability to design infrastructure solutions to meet complex and challenging user requirements
· Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
· Ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Experience of successfully designing and developing complex development infrastructure in Azure DevOps
· Experience of managing code repositories, particularly Azure DevOps and Git
· Hands-on experience of designing and maintaining deployment solutions with Octopus
· Experience of developing and maintaining solutions using either Azure Cloud or AWS.
What you will be doing:
· Design and develop simple, maintainable build and delivery pipelines to ensure builds are consistently delivered into our environments with high reliability
· Focus on the Development Team needs, driving incremental delivery of software that has the highest value and address areas of most risk in a timely manner
· Work closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitment
· Continuously drive improvement with yourself, the team and the department through ways of working with more agility and introducing technologies
· Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that we work as closely and effectively as possible
· Support the Divisional leadership team in executing on the strategy for Authentication in terms of the core GRS and Brand Protection proposition
· Build and embed (industry standard) operational best practices to sustain rapid growth and drive greater control of operations, profitability and risk
· Contribute to the development of a strong Divisional operating model, building strong interactions, processes and enablers across functions and team
· Provide subject matter expertise to support effective decision making and provide input as required to the annual strategic planning and budgeting cycles
· Support, instil and follow the governance and operational disciplines applicable across the Division.
If you have the relevant skills and would like to be considered please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 7656804 or find me on LinkedIn.