Senior DevOps Engineer - Fully Remote
My client is a SAAS company that provide cutting edge technology in cyber security systems and alerts. Their core product ingests alerts from various source systems, primarily cloud or on-premises security devices. The alerts are then correlated, enriched, and prioritized before being presented back to the end user. This process engine drives huge time-savings for IT service teams that often are overstretched and/or lacking in technical Cyber Security capability.
The company is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to own the production environment and shape how they deploy the application. This is a truly exciting position for DevOps engineer to apply their know how and be given the freedom to create an awesome environment that can showcase their skills. You will be working with a remarkable set of developers who are passionate about creating the best product whilst adopting and following solid engineering principles in their day-day lives. The chance to come on and make a significant impact at an early, and exciting, stage of a start-up does not come about often.
As the first dedicated DevOps engineer, you will be expected to demonstrate and coach best practice to the team, but also be receptive to their current ways of working and ideas.
Being a member of the development team, you will be expected to take part in development meetings, such as daily stand-ups and planning sessions. You will not work in isolation; you will be required to engage at all levels with the development team and wider company.
The current deployment process utilises Ansible to coordinate the creation and management of serverless resources on the Azure, AWS and Auth0 cloud platforms. Deploying the product currently involves some manual steps that can be streamlined and, in addition to this, we are moving services from Azure to AWS and so are looking for someone to shape the automated deployment process for this platform. In the longer term, we are looking to move to a Continuous Deployment model to take advantage of the speed of the development team. Monitoring and cost analysis are also key to the success of the product, and these are areas that you will need to contribute to. Further responsibilities may include code reviews, defect fixing and testing new features.
- Experience of delivering deployment automation.
- Over two years' experience in provisioning, operations and management of cloud environments
- Experience using the AWS cloud platform
- Experience using the Azure cloud platform
- Experience of serverless computing resources (e.g., AWS Lambda)
- Agile development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
What can we offer you?
- Full ownership from day 1, with an opportunity to make your stamp on an exciting, VC-backed cyber security company and product
- The autonomy and flexibility you need to deliver the work as you see fit, within a remote working environment
- The equipment you need to get the job done
- 25 days of holiday a year (with option to buy/sell)
- Private health insurance
- Regular socials to unwind and have some fun
- Yearly training budget used to enhance your personal/professional skillset
- Competitive basic salary and equity incentivisation
To apply for this role please send your CV to SamStocks@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 304.
Please note although fully remote CANDIDATES MUST BE UK BASED in order to apply for this role. Any candidates applying from outside the UK or who require visa sponsorship to work will not be considered.