DevOps Engineer (Kubernetes/Docker/PHP)
- Approx. £45k + benefits
- Near Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire
- Exciting projects, Investment in new technology, greenfield product roadmap
We are working with one of the South Coasts most exciting and innovative digital technology companies at an exciting time.
The company built and launched a range of tools to enable simple and cost effective cyber and network security - They now have over 1 million customers and offer extremely high levels of network and infrastructure resilience.
The next phase of the company development is to install a layer of expertise in Devops engineering, combining a solid understanding of PHP programming with infrastructure operations and security.
The first major new project is to update the technology platform with the introduction of Kubernetes and associate technology. With this in mind we are looking for established engineers with the ability to play a senior role in a 5 person Devops team. There are 30 people in the wider team including developers, analysts, product engineers, support and marketing. This is a great opportunity to take the product to the next level and play a key role in the company's evolution.
- To be involved in the strategy and deployment of new Devops services - Kubernetes
- Provide enhancement to existing codebase and bring the technology stack up to date
- Support and development of existing code & core infrastructure
- Project/Product management - Providing updates on workloads, projects and timescales
The key skills required to be a success in this role are:
- OOP, PHP7, MVC (3+ years' experience)
- SOLID principles
- Linux (3+ years' experience)
- Devops (2+ years' experience)
- Kubernetes and/or Docker and an invested interest in developing your skills in this area and keeping the company up to date
Nice to have skills:
- PHP Unite
- Google cloud / AWS
- Bash / GoLang
- Load Balancing
- Cassandra, Redis, RabbitMQ
The company have designed and fitted one of the most desirable offices we have seen in the area - an inspiring environment for innovation and creativity. They offer free cooked food all day with a coffee and refreshments 'station', plenty of onsite parking and access to all the tech and tools to make you as good as you can be. They are an inquisitive and forward thinking company and are looking for people with ideas and enthusiasm for change.
If you are an ambitious and committed Devops Engineer or aspiring to be one, please get in touch with Tom Rayner at Spectrum IT Recruitment asap. Send us your CV firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02380 765 808 to find out more.