We have an exciting new opportunity to work with a successful and fast-growing software company based in Bristol.
Having recently bid for and won large projects they are in the enviable position of a busy pipeline of work! With investment in training and development, a supportive management team and a friendly working culture, this opportunity has a lot to offer.
The DevOps Engineer will be involved with deploying product installations and updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. Additionally, managing SQL Server Databases for routine maintenance and to support the requirements of the development and testing teams. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Implement and support custom deployments and integration of various product suites for clients
- Deploy new applications, updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2-3 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Support Cloud VDC's and integration/migrate to/from on-prem systems
- Manage, support and perform maintenance on SQL Server installations
Knowledge & Experience:
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Good previous experience of running Kubernetes and Docker for large scale production environments.
- Experience of building containerised Infrastructure from scratch
- Good knowledge of scripting languages - Python, some PHP and Coldfusion
- Good practical knowledge of SQL server database administration, backup and HA
- Problem-solving attitude
- Be able to work across/with multiple teams to offer support (Dev/Test/PMO)
How to apply:
Hit the apply now button or send your CV to DanielSumpter@SpectrumIT.co.uk. Alternatively look me up on LinkedIN and make contact, Daniel Sumpter, Spectrum IT Recruitment