We have an opportunity for an experience DevOps Lead to join a small development team base in the Whiteley area, near Fareham to take ownership of the DevOps function.
Having worked in a similar role before the successful DevOps Engineer will refine and continually improve the infrastructure and deployment of there world class product
Responsibilities of DevOps Lead:
- Support continued growth and evolution of our infrastructure
- Oversee all system monitoring, logging and alerting tools
- Implement, test and refine disaster recovery plans
- Proactively monitor security and maintain resilience of our platforms
- Assist development of automated build/deployment processes
- Support Development Team (build tools, CI, fault investigation)
- DNS & SSL administration
- Containerisation (Docker) of existing systems
- Solid Linux admin skills (Debian/Ubuntu)
- MySQL (SQL, administration, tuning and replication)
- Familiarity managing Java applications (profiling, debugging etc)
- Working knowledge of Tomcat
- Solid understanding of AWS (e.g. ECS, EC2, RDS, Cloudfront and S3)
- Docker and Containerisation wizardry
- Excellent computer science principles (Software, Internet, Networking)
- Superb debugging and problem solving skills
- Java Development
- Experience working on Geospatial applications
As DevOps Lead within a small company will have huge amounts of autonomy and influence as well great flexibility.
Based in Whiteley, easily commutable from Southampton and Portsmouth the salary in paying up to £75,000 depending on experience, plus benefits.
To apply for this DevOps Lead role please forward your CV to ChrisLynes@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Chris on 02380 765 805