DevOps Support - Farnham, Surrey - Up to £26,000
Our client based in Farnham is currently looking for a DevOps Support to join the busy development, QA and infrastructure teams. Due to continued expansion they are looking for a candidate to come on Board as DevOps support to help improve the team's processes and productivity.
You will be working mainly with 3 teams - the Development, QA and Infrastructure teams to help in coordination and progressing projects to ensure deadlines are met and productivity is at it's best.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Support the development, QA and Infrastructure team's workload- ensuring tasks are actioned and followed up within agreed timelines
- Liaise closely with IT Director, reporting any product issues the team are having
- Track work progress to identify blockers and developer divergence from allocated tasks
- Ensure all information regarding changes in scope, delays and other detrimental events are communicated to those involved
- Ensure projects are delivered within scope and budget
- Communicate with users, management team with regards to project positions and up to date progress
- Attend weekly meetings and daily huddles with the Development and QA team
- Help the team to understand their roles and responsibilities- ensuring they are met on time
- Facility discussions, decision making and conflict resolution
- Follow up internal requests from developers
- Work with other departments to gather and request information
- Ensure all man hours meet budget requirements
- Manage and maintain a positive working environment
- Promote IT, products and services within the company
- Help arrange, and follow up meeting actions.
- All other appropriate duties as and when required
- Practical experience of working within a team coordination role
- Previous experience of seeing projects through from concept to completion
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situation awareness, conflict resolution and
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to adapt style to various audiences and remote sites.
- Ability to analyse data, think flexibly, identify issues and develop options of improvement
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to produce clear requirements from undefined and unstructured information
- Excellent IT skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working in a technology company would be beneficial
If this role is of interest and you think that you could be up for the challenge, then please send your CV through to rachelclements@spectrumIT.co.uk