ERP & IT Manager - Business Systems, ERP, MS SQL, BI
£50,000 per annum + Company Car + Other Benefits
A market leading company from the building & construction industry is looking for an ERP / IT Manager to lead the internal IT team and take ownership of business systems strategy and evolution.
Your main focus will be to develop strategy, create ideas and direction to move the business forward. This is not a traditional IT Manager role as though you will need a background and a good understanding of infrastructure, the role will involve managing the relationships with 3rd parties as most of the IT / Infrastructure work is outsourced.
A key element to this role will be to manage and own the lifecycle of the company ERP system which is pivotal to the company's relationship with customers both internally and externally. The sales and logistics-based ERP system and BI/MI capability has huge potential and could lead to great business benefit through data analytics and reporting. Leveraging this system and its tools is therefore a key part of the role. Working alongside the company MD you will help to provide a roadmap of technical decisions & strategy governing IT systems, reporting and the ERP system. The MD is looking for someone to take the reins on these decisions and to become an integral part of the IT decision process.
Another key part of this role is to manage the current IT & Systems team comprising of 5 technical engineers; Systems Developer, Data Analyst & IT Support; this will consist of carrying out regular 1-2-1's reviews and identifying training needs. Past or current experience of management in this capacity is essential.
The company offer a relaxed and professional culture and will give you, as the IT manager, a chance to make an impact on a small and talented team with ambitions to grow and evolve the IT function.
Technical Key Skills
- Experience of managing an ERP system in a competitive market
- Broad understanding of IT Infrastructure
- SQL Server - 2008 and ideally T-SQL programming
- Business Intelligence BI/MI tools and techniques. Any knowledge of ClickSense is a bonus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Management Key skills
- Established management experience with the ability to lead and inspire teams.
- Prioritisation, escalation, process definition, strategy, quality, delivery
- Experience of working with external providers
- Experience of negotiating service contracts
- Experience of identifying and implementing training needs
+The company offers:
- £50,000 approx.
- Company Car
- 27 days holiday (2 or 3 to be taken over Christmas)
- Health Insurance
- Office hours - 8am - 5pm
If you think you have what it takes to really make a difference, then please send your CV through to email@example.com.