My client is an award-winning global provider of commercial vehicle propulsion solutions and they are currently seeking an Electrical/ Electronics engineer to join their award-winning team.
This role involves a diverse range of design and testing tasks; this person must relish the challenge of producing outstanding results on his/her own without the need for constant supervision.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Evaluate Battery Management System (BMS) module level electronics for integration with various Lithium-ion cell chemistries;
- Test of electronics to automotive standards - both in-house and external certification testing;
- Battery pack level power distribution design for both high and low voltages including schematic capture;
- Electrical harness design for manufacture;
- Capture requirements based on automotive standards;
- Electrical system design and integration for automotive vehicles;
- Liaise with Mechanical, Controls and Testing departments to ensure smooth and reliable electronics systems integration;
- Electrical integration and schematic capture for a variety of automotive and system bench-testing application.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical, electrical, electronic or equivalent engineering honours degree;
- Experience with lithium-ion batteries and battery management systems;
- Experience with low level communication protocols and standards;
- Experience with schematic and harness capture;
- Experience with automotive electronics and sensors;
- Relevant automotive industry experience.
- Experience with embedded controllers;
- Experience with road vehicle and drivetrain control systems;
- Experience with ISO16750 standard;
- Experience with GMW3172 specifications.