Electronics Engineer / Electronics Design
Salary: Up to £65,000 + benefits + flexible working
Hampshire; near Southampton, Winchester
We are seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer to join a well-funded start-up company with a mission to reduce gas emissions and improve the efficiency and safety of global gas networks.
With successful trials completed the company is now in the process of adapting systems and processes to enable the rollout of these services throughout the UK. The company offer great scope for progression and to take on more responsibility as the team continues to grow.
The Electronics Engineer will work alongside a talented team of Engineers and will be heavily involved in advising and implementing ATEX / Intrinsic Safety standards and techniques on various electronic products, so relevant commercial experience with ATEX is required. The Electronic Engineer will be involved in all areas of the project lifecycle including Firmware development and would gain exposure to relevant hardware / software security standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design Authority for Electronics Hardware Products
- Development of Embedded / Firmware product enhancements from concept to manufacture
- Implement and improve ATEX / Intrinsic Safety standards and techniques
- Adaptation of existing products to new markets and regulatory regimes
- Support for existing electronic products
- Technical supervision and QA of subcontracted product development activities
- Produce production quality manufacturing drawings, bill of materials, and manufacturing data packs
- Write equipment, process and test specifications
- Honours degree or equivalent
- At least 4-5 years' experience of electronics hardware design with full lifecycle experience
- Solid understanding and practical experience designing for ATEX applications, ideally using Intrinsic Safety techniques
- Experience of 2 or more of the following:
- Microcontroller based systems
- Ultra-low power, battery powered devices
- Motor Control / Electric Actuators
- Sensing / data logging applications
- industrial control systems
- Wireless technologies
- Embedded software development in C
- Strong skills in design for manufacture, and cost reduction considerations
To apply please submit your application to this advert, or contact me via our website. Paul Grace, SpectrumIT
All applicants must be based in the UK.