Embedded C++ Senior Software Engineer
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum
An established company in Marlow are looking for a hands on senior software engineer to develop products in embedded C/C++ .You will have the opportunity to be innovative in your development and be part of a respected, highly technical well-known company in the engineering world.
You will be working on a split between land and air projects working on the development of their world leading Radar & Communication products. The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low level microprocessor code as well as high level software designs running within an embedded OS. Responsibilities will include development and implementation of embedded algorithms, peripheral drivers, protocols, human-machine interfaces and documentation.
You will work alongside an Engineering Team of approx 100 people, the Software Function is 8 people including a Team Leader and Discipline Manager, all other Software Engineers are based at a sister site so this is a standalone role and you must be comfortable with this.
- Strong experience of C++, Embedded development
- OO Design and Programming experience
- Knowledge of various OS:- Windows and any embedded RTOS
- Experience of interfacing with hardware devices
- Experience of embedded processors
- Software Architecture
- Experience of requirement analysis, software design and software architecture
The following skills are desirable but are not a prerequisite:
- Familiarity with Delphi / Visual Pascal
- Familiarity with GUI/ event/based design
- Knowledge of DO-178
- Experience in programming peripheral interfaces, particularly Ethernet, SPI, Serial Ports
- Source Control Experience:- Subversion and / or Git
If you are looking for a role like this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 02380 765 291.