Embedded Software Engineer
As a result of ongoing expansion, my client are now seeking embedded software engineers of all levels to join them developing the next generation of their robotic and motion control automation products.
Developing mainly in C and target a range of ARM processors including the latest high performance 64-bit multi-core devices. Our engineers are involved in the full software development life-cycle, including requirement specification, design, implementation, integration and test. They work closely with their hardware engineer colleagues, to design optimum solutions, and ensure rapid firmware integration and successful product delivery.
- Solid understanding of programming and software development gained over at least 2 years of experience on embedded or related projects
- You ideally will have a degree in Software/Mathematics/Electronics or a strongly related discipline.
Experience with the following will be advantageous:
- C programming on embedded systems
- ARM processors, both single and multi-core
- Firmware driver development
- IAR EWARM, Lauterbach and J-Link debuggers
- Full software lifecycle experience
- Source control tools
- Logic analysers and oscilloscopes
- An understanding of digital and analogue electronics, and embedded hardware
- Servo and stepper motors
- Mathematical algorithm development
- Important role in an engineering led company
- Work with the latest technology in robotics and motion control
- Occasional international travel
- Attractive salary, profit related pay and pension contribution