Embedded Software Engineer - C / C++ - Salisbury
Exciting projects surrounding music and the high end audio that gives it the credit it deserves!
£35,000 - £55,000
My client based in Salisbury is looking for a music-loving Embedded Engineer to join their R&D team based out of their head office in Salisbury. The role requires someone who is experienced in and confident with C/S++ and ideally has some experience in Agile Methodologies. They are looking for someone who will be excited to work on and develop some of the market leading tech when it comes to Audio and has a real passion for it (even if you haven't previously had much experience in the audio/ music sector.
The client are an independent business that is always looking to be top of the game and succeeding in that! They have officially been established for over 45 years and have continued to grow and expand while also maintaining that "family" feel to the way that they run the company including regular days out (including summer Barbeques!) and a free top quality canteen where every staff member gets free Breakfast and dinner every day!
- Collaborate with the Software Development Team, Electronic Engineering Team and R&D Test Team to create world-class audio products.
- Develop embedded software written mainly in C and sometimes C++.
- Working with the Electronics design team, write firmware to assist hardware bring-up and debugging of new designs.
- Produce clear, documented code and engage in peer code review.
- Work with existing products to fix issues and add new functionality.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Strong C/C++ embedded programming skills, preferably on ARM based processors.
- Ideally 3+ years of software development/ experience developing software for embedded products.
- Familiarity with modern software development tools and techniques (Git, Jira, Agile)
- Familiarity with electronics debugging tools and techniques.
- Experience with designing, implementing and debugging low level drivers.
- Proactive approach to documentation and collaborative development.
- Preferably Degree qualified (2.1 minimum) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar engineering related discipline.
If you are an enthusiastic Embedded Software Engineer with a passion for good music looking to merge work with pleasure then this could be the role for you! Please contact RachelClements@SpectrumIT.co.uk or click apply now !