My client is an award-winning global provider of commercial vehicle propulsion solutions and they are currently seeking an Electrical/ Electronics engineer to join their award-winning team.
This role revolves around the development of on-board core software modules which form a key part my client's industrial IoT platform. New or modified modules will have to be generated either on the fly to support customer trials/demonstrations or carefully and meticulously to support long term product development goals.
The person will relish the opportunity to create a data acquisition and analysis solution which is optimised to work in conjunction with a cloud platform, works independently and enjoys solving technical problems on complex systems.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Develop and test application code to support new applications with external customers and internal research and development objectives.
- Based on customer feedback and business needs, collaborate with other domain experts and contribute to the creation of a long-term technology roadmap.
- Test, Validate and Release software updates in line with best practice.
- Create core-software modules that enable geo-fencing, edge computing capabilities and other new modules that support the product scaling up to 1000's of deployments.
- Develop tools and interfaces for end users and engineers.
- Build and deploy Linux kernels and bootloaders on the embedded devices.
- Develop tools that used in production and enable software uploads, configuration control and testing.
- Ensure robust configuration management is in place and the health of deployed assets is well understood and continually monitored.
- Develop, deploy and run the device-side cloud infrastructure required to remotely update and maintain fielded equipment.
- Ensure requirements for security, documentation and regulations are well understood within your domain, are complied with, updated and maintained as necessary.
- Visit vehicles/assets to participate in the integration of new equipment during the trial and production phases.
- Provide remote diagnostics to identify the root cause and corrective action of faulty fielded equipment.
- Help scope out and estimate tasks, participate in the creation of project plans, report on progress, risks and opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Takes ownership of problems and sees them through to a conclusion;
- Organised, data-driven and an analytical mind;
- Motivated, enthusiastic and interested by the industry and products;
- Passionate about attention to detail and delivery of high quality content;
- Proficiency using c;
- Basic capability using Linux command line tools;
- Experience using Git or other types of source control
- Automotive industry experience;
- Experience at deploying applications on remote devices;
- Experience with building and deploying Linux kernels and bootloaders;
- Experience with IoT technologies, such as MQTT and TCP/IP networks;
- Proficiency in Python or Java;
- Knowledge of CAN, J1939 or CANOpen protocols;
- Experience with relational databases and SQL;
- Familiarity with AWS/cloud providers.