Embedded Engineer/ Embedded Software Engineer - Romsey/ Southampton - Up to £55,000
Embedded C, Embedded Engineering, Embedded Systems, Sensors, Firmware and Software
An experienced Embedded Engineer is required to join an exciting team based just outside of Southampton in Romsey, to work in a small but dynamic team focussed around both Firmware and Software. It's a varied and continually growing role that will focus on a large variety of projects from working on field devices to communications systems and even some involvement in the data servers.
The company themselves are a small but successful company that are only progressing forward and continuing to grow by using a variety of exciting technologies. The multidisciplinary engineering team is made up of enthusiastic developers and engineers that love technology. They are ahead of the curve when it comes to the technologies they are working with and offer a collaborative environment, taking in the expertise from the team to really push forward with the best technical offering on the market in the sector.
Key Requirements include:
- Ideally 5+ years' experience in Embedded engineering
- Embedded Software development on low level platforms, analogue hardware interfacing and remote communications
- Embedded C/ C++
- ARM Cortex (or similar processor architecture)
- Time critical ROS application development ( FreeRTOS etc)
- Analogue interface in a low noise system (ADCs, DACs )
- Low power systems
- Serial communications
- 2G/ 3G/ 4G Integration (or an understanding of cell network operation)
Any experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Exposure to C/C++ command line applications in Linux
- OO Programming
- Database programming (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Technical team lead/ mentoring experience would be beneficial but not a necessity
- Graduate level qualification or equivalent
The companies office are commutable from Southampton, Winchester, Salisbury and Basingstoke and offer a fantastica and collaborative working environment as well as other benefits. The salary is based on experience is up to £55,000.
To be considered for this great opportunity please apply to this advert, contact me via LinkedIn or our Website. Rachel Clements , SpectrumIT
All candidates applying must be eligible to work in the UK.