Enterprise Linux Engineer - Christchurch - £50k - £60k
Are you up for a challenge? Do you want to work for a company where you can shape the future? Do you want to work for a FTSE 250 company? Do you want to be heard and have a voice? If so this is the role for you.
Enterprise Linux Engineer required to join a FTSE 250 company based in Christchurch. With 1000's of Linux Endpoints across various sites globally, UK, US, France and Denmark my client are looking for someone to shape how they control and administer their Linux estate. You will assess the current Linux estate and make recommendations for centralising the images, having the appropriate anti-virus in place, configuration to best practise, ensuring they have the correct security measures, correct patching and vulnerability management. There will be a lot of internal customer interaction so excellent customer service skills is a must.
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all Linux environments
- Manage, coordinate and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations and network hardware
- Collaborate with other teams to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Incident and problem ticket logging, ownership and update through to resolution
- Strong background in Unix / Linux Operating Systems
- Strong scripting knowledge in Bash, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Linux Samba 4/Centrify integration within an Active Directory Environment.
- Understanding of Winbind/SSSD, Kerberos, NTP and DNS.
- Good background of working with data sources such as MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch etc.
- Good understanding of source control systems, such as Git.
- Firm understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc.
- Declarative Language Skills.
- Good understanding of standard network services including TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS.
- An understanding of IT service delivery.
Qualifications & Experience
- SME level knowledge of Linux: Apt & RPM Based Systems (Centos, RedHat, Debian, etc)
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure
- Hands on experience in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Familiarity with VMWare, SAN management and DR and HA concepts.
If you are up for a challenge send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.