Full Stack Developer
70% Front-end, 30% Backend
We are looking for a developer to join a small development team in a well-established business that provides SaaS solutions to the book publishing industry. With a web application and associated services that are continuously evolving and adapting to meet customer needs, the ideal candidate will not only have excellent technical skills but also an active interest in user interface design. They will be a self-starter who actively engages with the rest of the team to offer sound opinions on existing implementations and creative ideas on how to meet emerging challenges in delivering the best customer experience.
- Implement updates to our web application to deliver a consistent user experience including aspects such as web forms and in-application reporting.
- Engage with the rest of the team to help develop ideas for future delivery.
- As a member of a small team, be prepared to help with additional tasks when the need arises, for example implementation of customer templates using HTML/CSS
- Assist in maintenance and occasional development of customer ecommerce websites.
- Unit testing
- Version control - Git/SVN
- Track record of responsive web development
- Experience working with MVC frameworks such as CakePHP, Laravel or Symfony
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience developing web application user interfaces
- A mindset of continuous learning to stay abreast of the latest industry developments
- Build tools such as Webpack
- Experience working with either Azure or AWS infrastructure
About the company
We provide a cloud-based platform and associated services to help book publishers to manage their bibliographic metadata and publishing activities. With customers on five continents we run a small, but growing, global operation. We work from offices in a Surrey and whilst currently working remotely, in more normal times, staff generally work a mixture of on-site and from home depending on their circumstances and preferences.
- 24 days of annual leave plus one day of birthday leave
- Company pension
- Private medical cover
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- £250 annual wellness fund available to be spent on health and wellbeing for the employee and partner/family
- Cycle to work scheme available
- Budget available to support appropriate professional training
- Rural office with outdoor swimming pool
If you wish to apply for this role or find out more please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765 304