Full Stack Software Developer - MVC Frameworks /Ruby - Basingstoke
Exciting Cyber Security Projects!
Interested in Cyber Security? My client is one of the top Cyber security firms in the UK and they are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to join their Applications team in either London or Basingstoke. They are looking for a candidate with experience working with modern MVC frameworks and ideally someone who has some familiarity with Ruby (or is at least just happy and willing to learn!).
The client is at the top of their game and pride themselves on being ahead of the curve with regards to Cyber Security and technology in general. Everyone who works with them loves being there, loves technology and, most importantly, loves what they do. They have made an environment people enjoy being in including having a nerf gun wall (perfect for any "who's the best avenger" debate), Playstation hideouts, Pool Table (with an office league) and a drinks fridge with anything from Coke to Gin - depending on how bad a day you're having! The office is based right in the centre of Basingstoke and is just a short walk away from the town centre with some great food choices and also only about a 5-minute walk from the train station so very easy to get to even without a car!
They are looking to grow the team substantially so are looking for candidates from Junior Level through to Mid and Senior levels. All candidates must be passionate self starters and love both technology and learning. They look for candidates who care about code quality and management and have a number of projects to demonstrate their skills.
What they are looking for:
- They use Rails in all of the applications, so some familiarity with it would be beneficial. Experience with other MVC frameworks would also be considered relevant.
- The applications teams, at the heart of it are web developers, so an understanding of how to design maintainable and performant web applications is desirable. They're advocates of RESTful design, and are opening up more API endpoints by the day.
- Object Oriented Design.
- They look for clean and maintainable code, so an understanding of how to leverage design patterns, refactoring and coding standards to achieve it will go down well
- Their servers and development machines mostly run some flavour of Linux, so experience with it is very valuable.
- They use Git for version control, so experience of how to use it or other VCS systems is desirable.
- They mostly use MySQL, so knowledge of RDBMSes and how to write good queries is very valuable. They also leverage Elasticsearch, so experience with this would be a plus.
- They are also making moves towards dockerizing all of the applications, so knowledge of Docker or other container systems would be appreciated.
What's In it for you?
- Competitive basic Salary of between £30,000 and £50,000 dependant on experience
- 20% of the working week allocated to learning and development - whether that be reading about new tech, improving on something or working towards a new qualifications
- Relaxed working environment - no shirts or ties in sight!
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- 23 Days Annual Leave + bank holidays
- Work with like minded tech lovers!
- I repeat; Playstations, Nerf Guns, Pool tables, Beer… need I continue?!
If this role is of interest and you're looking for a new challenge, then please send your CV through to RachelClements@SpectrumIT.co.uk