Graduate Test Engineer (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
£20,000 - £24,000
Graduate Test Engineer required for a niche software house in Basingstoke. You will be responsible for the development and execution of manual and automated test scenarios for various software applications, including the testing of new functionality, regression testing against previously defined scenarios, user acceptance testing and business verification testing.
· Computer study related degree.
· Experience in writing test cases.
· Experience in querying databases.
· Experience in testing Web based applications.
· Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
· Software engineering or testing related degree.
· Experience of integration testing, performance testing, functional testing and user acceptance testing.
· Experience of test automation (e.g. SpecFlow, Gherkin, Cucumber)
· Experience of finance industry.
· Experience of testing business critical packages.
· Experience of working with external development partners.
· Experience of Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
· Experience of Jira or similar workflow management tools.
· Good knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development lifecycle (Agile and/or V model).
· Experience writing test strategies.
· ISEB qualifications in software testing.
· Experience with software productivity tools.
· Experience running and installing SQL Server and Oracle databases.
· Experience in supporting a hosted solution.
· Experience running and installing applications on Microsoft operating systems.
· Experience with Virtualisation technology (e.g. VM Ware).
If you have the relevant skills please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.
Test Engineer, Test Analyst, Junior Test Engineer, Regression Testing, UAT, User Acceptance Testing, Business Verification Testing, BVT, Test Cases, Querying Database, Web Applications, Functional Testing, Test Automation, SpecFlow, Gherkin, Cucumber, MTM, Microsoft Test Manager, Agile, V-Model, ISEB, SQL Server, Oracle, VMWare, Virtualisation