Head Of IT Support is required to join a progressive and highly ambitious company from their head office based in central Bournemouth.
The role of a Head Of IT Support will involve being responsible for their entire IT support function. You will manage the delivery and performance of the teams, ensuring service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded. The IT Support teams includes 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, hardware deployment, desktop delivery, and site/development/office mobilisation and maintenance. You will be expected to:
- Manage the service desk and hardware provision to deliver effective, efficient and agile ways of working within and across teams to established, standardised working practices.
- Maintain a high performing service and support function, reporting data, KPI's and trends weekly, monthly and ad hoc.
- Implement and manage resourcing strategies and plans which ensure consistent delivery of service is achieved at all times, utilising available resources and skills whilst delivering against the agreed SLAs.
- Own the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when and where required.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the configuration of the Service Management tool, ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation in recording service desk activity, request fulfilment, inventory and performance measurement.
- Train, coach and mentor staff including career development.
- Manage the activities of the service function to ensure agreed service levels are met.
- Implement and manage appropriate resourcing strategies within the team to deliver high quality, standard and efficient services which make best use of resources and skills.
- Build a strong customer satisfaction ethos within the team.
The ideal candidate for the Head Of IT Support will come from a background within IT Support and have a strong background knowledge within IT infrastructure.
You will have:
- A minimum of five years' computer support and service delivery experience.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL disciplines.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Good knowledge of IT hardware and software solutions.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- A passion for Service Improvement.
- Experience of managing services across Virtualisation, storage, backup technologies and end user computing.
- Solid technical background and understanding of networking and core technologies; VMware, Azure; Office 365; Citrix, Servicenow & VOIP telephony.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that can offer further opportunities along with a very strong benefits package. This role will also come with either a company car or car allowance.