Head Of Software Development is required to join a growing and highly progressive communications company from their head office in the Basingstoke area.
The Head Of Software Development will involve working across the full development lifecycle. They are looking for someone to come on board who has a genuine passion for technology and software development. You will lead a team of developers working across systems and applications with an emphasis on usability, performance and scalability.
The ideal candidate for the Head Of Software Development will be working within a similar role at the moment and still retains some hands on development experience.
You will have:
- Proven energetic, adaptable, quality focused and inspirational leader with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and business functional point of view at all levels from end-user to senior management
- Programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML5, CSS, jQuery practices and techniques and website development using ASP.NET
- Proven extensive practical experience in C# web and application programming and a good understanding of VB.NET and C/C++ and Python
- A high level of SQL skills to support in-depth data analysis and problem solving - in a MySQL environment
- Demonstrable design, implementation and maintenance of web service-based API (ASMX, REST, Web API)
- A solid understanding of web applications including security, session management, caching and best practice development approaches
- Exposure to client-side frameworks (WinForms, WPF) is critical to the post, and strong knowledge of WebRTC and mobile frameworks (PhoneGap, Xamarin) would be highly beneficial
- Agile development process experience and practical use of version control systems such as GIT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with excellent design principles
- Experience working within a Linux environment would be highly beneficial
As you will be leading a team and working with stake holders then your communications skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further career opportunities and a very strong benefits package.