Head of Applications
£60,000 - £75,000
The Application Manager is responsible for the development, management, planning and operations of the line-of-business applications; to ensure a suitable, licensed, compliant, secure yet flexible for the firm's growth and potential business change. Working closely with the Chief Information Officer, the Application Manager will deliver against the business and IT strategies, operational policies and governing frameworks; including TOGAF and ITIL, to understand and provision against business demand.
Working aligned to the Information Technology Leadership Team, business stakeholders and key user (or sponsors), the Application Manager will provide the most capable, agile and cost-effective solution to define, develop, support and ensure the best user experience, operational efficiency and business effectiveness of the current and future state line-of-business application portfolio. All members of the Information Technology Leadership Team are responsible to supervise, resource manage, coordinate, mentor and support the development all members within their teams.
Application and development Teams, including: - VisualFiles, Proclaim and 3E teams. - Project Managers, assigned from the Project Management Office but within the scope of application projects.
- Application functionality (technology).
- Operational management (people, process, procedure).
- Service management (demand management, schedule).
- Team and people management.
- Project management governance, definition, scoping and alignment with initial planning.
- Possible delegate of authority or representation of the Chief Information Office or affinity team members; in their absence.
Competencies must include: -
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an application team leader with people management and team management.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of external project resource management.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within legal applications; including case management, finance and reporting; including Thomson Reuters 3E, Thomson Reuters Mattersphere, iManage, Rekoop, VisualFiles, Proclaim
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within cloud-based legal applications.
- Demonstrable experience of legal applications.
- Demonstratable understanding of future applications; including case management, finance, reporting, SaaS and security.
- Minimum of 3 years of budget management (not ownership)