Head of Development
£60,000 - £70,000
Head of Development required by a FTSE 250 company based in Basingstoke. This is a key leadership role responsible for the management and coordination of skilled, distributed development teams. Employing over 3000 globally and having revenues in excess of £450 million mean they are a major player in their field and have a number of exciting, critical projects happening with a variety of clients across the world. You will work closely with Software Development Managers and Product Development to ensure coherent software development strategies, software product road-maps are implemented correctly.
- Develop software product strategies that support the company's overall strategy and objectives
- Manage offshore development partners whilst ensuring high quality output
- Create a culture of promoting new ideas, drive software development innovation and promote Agile ways of working
- Facilitate a smooth delivery of all development services; engineering, processes, environments and support
- Be the driver of technology and methodology decision maker - including design, reusable code development, software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
Skills & Experience
· Current experience in a similar role, leading development teams
· Proven experience of driving and leading cultural change and achieving group commitment to sustain the desired change
· Experience of managing off/near shore development partners
· Ability to manage large software teams (approx. 40+ members) across multiple locations (on/offshore). Total team is approx. 120.
· An excellent and demonstrable knowledge of scaled agile software development processes (SAFe), as well as excellent and demonstrable knowledge of software development tools and environments
· Effective leadership, senior stakeholder management, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to manage conflict internally and externally, making difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
· Good negotiation skills
· Good understanding of budgetary control and resource allocation procedures
· Strong delivery and implementation skills from inception to acceptance
· Demonstrates commercial acumen
· Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally
If you have the relevant skills and want to take on this challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> or call 02380 765804.
Head of Development, Development Manager, Development Director, Software Development Manager, Basingstoke, Hampshire, Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester