Head of Enterprise Infrastructure
An enterprise organisation are seeking an experienced Head of Enterprise Infrastructure to join their IT Operations team.
The company are in the process of transforming their Infrastructure, so this is an excellent opportunity for a strong Head of Enterprise Infrastructure to join the business and influence this transformation.
This role is a good opportunity to embark on new projects, upgrade current Infrastructure environments with the latest technology and lead a team of Technical leaders through this period of change.
This is a varied role and as an Head of Enterprise Infrastructure you will:
- Be the senior point of contact for vendors/partners relating to enterprise infrastructure, maintaining technical awareness
- Provide technical leadership of Database & Middleware, Networks & Voice and Platforms
- Accountable for operational stability of enterprise infrastructure, providing input to RCA with problem management and accountable for remedial action
- Responsible for the overall strategy, planning and roadmap for enterprise infrastructure, which includes ongoing refresh and enhancements of infrastructure inline with enterprise architecture standards
- Attend and contribute to change forums / CAB and ensure teams are following change policy
- Ensure the team is maintaining a patching & Monitoring strategy / policy for enterprise infrastructure and at the required level
- Joint responsibility for implementation of major enterprise infrastructure change within the Foundation Programme, which includes technical debt remediation and enhancements
- Act as an escalation point for L2-L4 Support / MIM, both internal and external parties and ensuring teams are meeting their SLA's
- Definition of scope of 3rd party contracts, working alongside head of Ecosystem Management and SAM to ensure they are meeting their performance targets
- Responsible for efficiency and optimisation of enterprise infrastructure area and 3rd party support contracts
- Ensure effective planning and execution of capacity upgrades
The successful Head of Enterprise Infrastructure will have:
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure design in a technology organisation with examples of delivering scalable, resilient systems, platforms and voice & networks
- Experience and knowledge of database & Middleware (SQL, Oracle)
- Significant experience in successful leadership of an Enterprise infrastructure function
- Strong experience of Platforms technologies - Windows Server, Virtualisation, Storage & Cloud / IaaS and Backup & Recovery
- Project management methodologies experience - Prince II, PMI, CMMi
- Proven experience working in 24/7 IT Operational environments
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing at all levels of business with ability to discuss technical matters competently with non-technical senior leaders or colleagues
- Experience of regulatory and audit requirements within an operational environment
- Experience of Voice & Network technologies
- Experience working with outsource partners, ensuring they are delivering as required & expected
- Have demonstrable documentation experience
- Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques and methods including problem solving
The successful Head of Enterprise Infrastructure will have proven experience within Enterprise Infrastructure.
The company benefits include: Salary up to £100,000, Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday, Private medical, Childcare Vouchers and more.
To apply for the Head of Enterprise Infrastructure role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301