Head of Product - Education Technology - 12 months FTC
Fully remote with occasional travel to Bedford, Bedfordshire. Approx once a month
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Head of Product to join an award-winning educational technology specialist. This is a great opportunity to support the business during a transition to a new system and tech platform.
The Head of Product who will take full accountability for the definition, discovery, delivery and performance of a portfolio of complex products. Responsible for setting a compelling vision for your portfolio area, underpinned by a solid understanding of customer needs, market dynamics and organization capabilities. You will lead a team of product managers / product owners to deliver against your vision and strategy.
Key Attributes and Experience
- Professionally qualified in appropriate business and product management disciplines
- Extensive & wide-ranging job experience in product management and design.
- Experience in creating and managing software products in a business-to-business setting.
- The ability to develop an expert understanding of the customer and market needs to inform portfolio and propositions strategy.
- A track record of creating business products which meet and exceed customer and user needs
- Leadership of direct and matrix teams to achieve common goals
- Strong commercial acumen and a track record of delivering significant business value
- Strong communication skills to Board level and with external audiences
- Ability to drive change across the organisation.
- The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong presentation, organisational and time management skills and the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams in a matrix environment
- Experience of working with legacy technology built in India, following waterfall processes, coupled with experience of building SaaS using Agile methodologies.
- Experience in taking an on-prem product to the Cloud is a plus.
- Experience in the Education sector is not essential though beneficial.
To be considered for this role you must have eligibility to work in the UK and meet the key criteria of the job role. 5 years in Product Management is the minimum requirement with leadership and management experience of a product portfolio.
Please send your CV to PaulGrace@SpectrumIT.co.uk for consideration. For more information contact Paul at Spectrum IT Recruitment.