IT Development Director | Director, Software Engineering
A fantastic opportunity for a senior leadership professional to join a successful and rapidly growing consumer services organisation with a very exciting future.
As part of the companies internationalisation and following a recent acquisition of a European business partner, the company is looking for a talented and experienced Director level candidate to lead their software engineering function from a personnel and functional performance perspective.
Reporting to the company CTO as part of the IT leadership team, your role will be everything non-technical within a multi-site, international software development function.
The scope of responsibility will include;
- Leading the direction of significant change to the technology estate
- Overseeing the organisational and functional change of two merging business entities.
- The globalisation of all software and digital services; websites, mobile, UI & backend applications
- Enhancing the organisational culture of innovation, excellence and high performance
- Driving Agile (Kanban), LEAN processes and maintaining/enhancing a world class development function from a functional leadership perspective.
- You will have experience running software development teams within international high-growth organisations working with mature process frameworks e.g. Pace-Layered Integration Architecture with exposure to ITIL and project management.
- Exceptional management and leadership aptitude with evidence of tangible performance outcomes
- Working with the software teams to effectively remove blockers; increase bandwidth; deliver personal development (both technical and soft skills) and ensure the delivery of high quality, built to last products without amassing technical debt.
- Experience reporting to CxO level and delivering functional performance and change management expertise across an IT & Software development estate
- A background in software engineering is very useful although the day job will not require you to develop code, you will need to understand the mindset and challenges software engineers face and through value based leadership provide the best environment and setup for the well-being of the team.
- Change, Project & Programme Management experience
- Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, LEAN processes
This is a fantastic, high growth organisation with a very high calibre software engineering function. High performance, high quality and product excellence should be your mindset with evidence of this in your previous work.
You contribution will be significant and aid in the globalisation and future success of the business. A great opportunity to take a successful business and put them on a global platform.
The company offer very competitive salary and benefits package which will appeal to high performing individuals.
Salary for this role is approximately £80,000 to £100,000 with generous company benefits and a performance related bonus of up to 25%.
Southampton, Hampshire with occasional travel (once a month) to London, Denmark or similar locations.
This will become an office based role with a significant proportion of your time based in the development studio in Southampton, Hampshire. You must be eligible to work in the UK, within commuting distance of Southampton or willing to relocate to the area.
This vacancy is being managed by Paul Grace, Spectrum IT Recruitment. Please hit apply to submit your CV or contact Paul on 02380 765800