IT Infrastructure engineer is required to join a highly respected company from their UK head office based on the outskirts of Southampton who specialise within IT hosting.
The role of an IT Infrastructure Engineer will be to manage the growing Windows infrastructure of their growing customers systems. You will be expected to:
- Performs administration of Microsoft/IIS based machines in a large multi-domain environment
- Performs functions such as re-boot/shutdown a machine, add and remove user accounts, application support, use backup programs and verify disk integrity, maintain system database files (groups, hosts, aliases)
- Troubleshoots or crisis-manages customer issues
- Performs problem diagnosis and resolution
- Conducts proactive analysis and offers optimization recommendations
The ideal candidate for the role will have very strong experience in regard to the support of Windows Infrastructure and if possible have worked in a customer facing role.
The key skills my client is looking for are:
- Able to configure Windows O/S - up to Server 2016
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as IIS and Active Directory;
- Solid knowledge of Powershell (or similar) scripting;
- Working knowledge of Azure;
- Skilled at the coordinating and managing application of updates, patches and configuration changes;
- Familiarity with VMWare;
- Familiarity with MSSQL;
- Strong TCP/IP, DNS, RDP and SMTP knowledge;
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, routers and proxy services;
- Solid understanding of best practices for security, performance and data protection for Windows Server products.
- Command line and remote administration skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and progressive company who would be able to offer further career opportunities along with some fantastic benefits.