An IT Lead Architect is required to join the Senior IT Management Team of a high profile charity based in Poole, Dorset.
The purpose of the IT Lead Architect role is to ensure that information technology solutions and programmes across the organisation are designed and co-ordinated to highest possible standard in line with organisations ethos/
As part of a new IT management team you will report directly to the Head of IT, providing architectural governance, managing the architectural portfolio and setting architectural strategy.
The IT Lead Architect role
- Provide architectural governance by creating and maintaining a series of architectural guiding principles and standards.
- Exercise effective and pragmatic architectural governance based upon principles, policies and standards across development projects and major enhancements
- Managing the architectural portfolio. To manage an inventory of architectural assets, gather raw data, derive intelligence and then create and maintain business, application, technology & information anchor models to encapsulate and communicate the orgainsations architecture. To use models, metrics, drivers and trends to manage the portfolio of the application, technology, infrastructure and information assets; to diagnose business pain points; and to identify strategic capability gaps to discover opportunities for investment in architectural change.
- Setting architectural strategy. To define a future state architectural vision that will respond to business and technical drivers to support the business strategy; and to identify, evaluate and recommend opportunities for architectural improvement. To interpret business and technical trends to identify opportunities for leveraging digital technology and, in collaboration with leadership, create a future state vision aligned with business strategy; to establish an actionable and affordable architectural roadmap to deliver the end state and provide measurably positive business outcomes.
- Participate in change processes. Provide guidance and expertise in assessing change requirements through participation in functions such as Change Assessment and Approval. Ensure that changes adhere to architectural standards or where new/changed standards are required, that they are properly accommodated in the delivery and operational assessments.
- To commission externally (where required) and control the provisions and management of enterprise, data architecture and solutions architecture functions and services to meet the needs of the organisation and its programmes and projects.
The successful Lead Architect will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the work of Application, Solution and Data architects to ensure that information technology solutions and programmes across the organisation are designed and coordinated to deliver on the organisations goals.
IT Lead Architect Requirements
- Experience as a generalist architect, comfortable with complex enterprise architectures and capable of covering the Application, Technology and Information domains.
- Able to act as a consultant to business colleagues
- Leadership qualities.
- Stakeholder management
- Ideally TOGAF certified
Based in Poole the role of IT Lead Architect is paying up to £61,622 with excellent benefits including with outstanding benefits including 26 day holiday, excellent pension, health plan and more.
To apply please forward your CV to ChrisLynes@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Chris on 02380 765 805