IT Operations Manager / Service Delivery (please read before applying)
Remote working up to 4 days per week
Up to £50,000 + pension, healthcare, stock options, and a great career opportuinty
Having established themselves as one of the most exciting propositions in the energy supply industry, our client is moving from start up to scale up and is looking for the best talent to help the company continue their journey.
Reporting to the CIO, the scope of this role is to manage the company's full IT Operations, taking the as-is and driving operational efficiency and best practice. The ideal candidate for this position will still have hands-on technical capability and be operating in a role with leadership and technical input. The team is small, multi-functional and everyone is contributing from the front line hence first hand technical expertise is essential.
You will be responsible for:
- The alignment to IT policies, developing procedures where necessary, and controls to ensure they are consistently followed and standards are maintained
- The smooth running of the business through stable, well understood and defined tools and systems
- Event, Incident and Problem Management supporting high availability of services
- The IT Service Desk, performing first line technical support and desktop management
- Oversight of vendor services and contracts, where 3rd party systems are used for the processing of any business or technology process
- Promoting the IT Ops function within the organisation and building relationships with key stakeholders
Your personal profile and aptitude -
- Extremely organised, structured and diligent
- Data driven and process minded
- Customer focused and consistently striving to ensure they are well served
- Good leadership skills and enjoys the interaction within a team
What skills and experience you'll need -
- A working knowledge of ITIL and experience in leading these processes across an organization
- Service Management and Vendor Management skills
- Experience leading a Service Desk and support teams
- Experience of enterprise IT Operations
- Knowledge of the tools and processes (and their merits) used in a modern and forward thinking IT environment i.e. XenAPP, Virtualisation, Security, MS Teams etc -
The company has a very exciting future with ambitous plans for growth. They are looking for a talented candidate with a successful track record and ideally an impressive academic record.
This is a great opportunity to drive process, performance and best practice and to put your own stamp on the success of the IT operations of an exciting company.
This vacancy is managed by Spectrum IT Recruitment. Please contact Steven Wright for more information
StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk. 02380 765803