IT Operations Manager / Service Delivery
Having established themselves as one of the most exciting propositions in the energy supply industry, our client is moving into scaling up phase and is looking for the best talent to help build the company evolve and drive best practice.
Reporting to the CIO, the scope of this role is to manage the company's full IT Operations, taking the as-is and and driving operational efficiency and best practice. The ideal candidate for this position will still have hands-on technical capability and be operating in a role with leadership and technical input. The team is small, multi-functional and everyone is contributing from the front line.
We are looking for someone who is both techncial astute and can lead from the front. Service Delivery and Enterprise Operations are key factors in this role.
You will be responsible for:
- The alignment to IT policies, developing procedures where necessary, and controls to ensure they are consistently followed and standards are maintained
- The smooth running of the business through stable, well understood and defined tools and systems
- Event, Incident and Problem Management supporting high availability of services
- The IT Service Desk, performing first line technical support and desktop management
- Oversight of vendor services and contracts, where 3rd party systems are used for the processing of any business or technology process
- Promoting the IT Ops function within the organisation and building relationships with key stakeholders
Your personal profile and aptitude -
- Extremely organised, structured and diligent
- Data driven and process minded
- Customer focused and consistently striving to ensure they are well served
- Good leadership skills and enjoys the interaction within a team
What skills and experience you'll need -
- A working knowledge of ITIL and experience in leading these processes across an organization
- Service Management and Vendor Management skills
- Experience leading a Service Desk and support teams
- Experience of enterprise IT Operations
- Knowledge of modern tools and technology - XenAPP, Virtualisation - and the merits and benefits of using such tools.
The company offers an exciting future as a business and for the people in the leadership teams. A great opportunity to drive process, performance and best practice and to put your own stamp on the success of the IT operations.
This vacancy is managed by Spectrum IT Recruitment. Please contact Steven Wright for more information
StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk. 02380 765803