An IT Portfolio Manager is required to join the Senior IT Management Team of a high profile charity based in Poole, Dorset.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, the IT Portfolio Manager will provide the delivery service for both new IT Solutions and improving existing IT Solution such as platforms, systems and services.
Heading up a Portfolio Delivery team of 8 people including Project Managers, a Business Analyst and Senior Programme Managers, you will have overall responsibility for a number projects with a combined value of over £7 million pounds.
The role of IT Portfolio Manager
- Responsible for strategic and management oversight of the development and delivery of the department's solutions.
- Ensure an environment where activity is scoped, specified, and delivered to the timescales, budget and quality standards expected.
- Participate in the continual review, re-definition and execution of IT strategies.
- Manage and communicate a single roadmap and portfolio delivery plan to achieve agreed business outcomes and strategic targets.
- Oversee and manage teams across the full delivery lifecycle of new solutions with full requirements/ benefits tracking and realization.
- Set standards for specialist technical delivery aspects within the overall organisational PMO framework.
- Manage overall portfolio delivery performance against agreed baselines for Time, Cost and Quality
- Communicate and report on performance with information for effective decision making related to Portfolio Management (e.g. overall Governance, key decisions, Scope Change, Risk Mitigation or related aspects).
- Maintain appropriate technical appreciation underpinning the solutions for which your teams are responsible for delivering in order to minimise unforeseen risk and equally identify opportunity.
- Proactive management of Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies across the portfolio in order to reduce threat to delivery.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation process
- Oversee appropriate selection, acquisition and management of external resources to support with or execute activity as appropriate.
The successful IT Portfolio Manager will be experienced in the coordinated of Technical Portfolio Management and Delivery in line with industry best practice within a complex stakeholder environment.
Based in Poole the role of IT Portfolio Manager is paying up to £61,622 with excellent benefits including with outstanding benefits including 26 day holiday, excellent pension, health plan and more.
To apply please forward your CV to TomStickler@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294