IT Project Manager
An enterprise organisation are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to join their business to help deliver on medium / large projects across their IT Infrastructure.
The company are in the process of Infrastructure transformation projects, so this is an excellent opportunity for a strong IT Project Manager to join the business and contribute to this transformation.
This role is a good opportunity to embark on new projects, upgrade current environments with the latest technology and play a key role within the Projects.
This is a varied role and as a IT Project Manager you will:
- Identify, assess and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality criteria and solutions are cost effective, resilient and supportable
- As part of project implementation, ensure that change management processes are followed, ensuring that dependencies are assessed, and the company makes optimal use of change delivery resources.
- To work with the appropriate IT resources in order to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation approaches which minimise risk whilst meeting project timeline and cost objectives
- To communicate the progress and status of projects to the project sponsor and other members of the project team and act as part of steering groups as and when appropriate / required
- To manage all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks
- To identify and make recommendations on resources required that optimises each implementation, including writing the definition of scope of third party contracts
- To prepare detailed and comprehensive project documentation where appropriate
- To seek opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of implementation within IT Operations, and the associated service management / service introduction processes
- Control the development and influence deployment of consistent processes (incl. governance) and preferred approach & methods for assigned projects.
- Ensure the required level of support is in place following project handover (following the service introduction methodology), and all support documentation is complete before projects are closed.
- To create and maintain a good working relationship with portfolio managers, project sponsors and other managers and assist with the initiation and facilitation of solutions based on business need.
- To manage the progress of projects in a timely and effective manner ensuring delivery to the required standard
The successful IT Project Manager will have:
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience
- Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
- Commercially astute
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
- Related Project Management professional qualifications are beneficial
- Excellent time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within agreed deadlines and to the required standard
- Fosters a learning environment
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Establishes goals and activities
- Able to lead multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments
- Relevant Technical accreditation relating to security are beneficial, but not essential
- An excellent negotiator, influencer and networker
- Understands stakeholder expectations
- Creates value for the stakeholder
- Able to make decisions where appropriate
- Gains the commitment of others
- Accomplishes the task
- Able to use Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Project
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
- Expert problem solver
- Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is beneficial, but not essential
- Creative thinker
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Connects with other teams/colleagues
- Proven ability to work with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished, and benefits realised
- Consistent behaviour when dealing with people
- Open, honest and reliable. Engenders trust.
- Problem solver
- Record of delivering IT development projects to budget and timescale,
- Deep understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of Project Management methods and disciplines,
- Experience of delivery of large-scale programmes and projects.
- Reinforces continuous improvement
- Supports the development of new ideas/approaches
The successful IT Project Manager will have proven experience within Infrastructure Project environments.
The company benefits include: Salary up to £55,000, Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, 25 days holiday, Private medical, Childcare Vouchers and more.
To apply for the IT Project Manager role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301