IT Security Consultant is required to join a growing and progressive IT Infrastructure reseller from their head office based in Farnborough.
The role of an IT Security Consultant will predominately involve working with the design and implementation of IT Security systems and the associated systems to my clients growing customer base. You will be implementing systems from inception at hardware build/VMware installation stage through to configuration and subsequent integration into customer infrastructure.
- Design and implement complex IT security projects into a wide variety of organisations
- Carry out security/design reviews on existing deployments of technology in our focus areas. Making recommendations and driving these recommendations to resolve outstanding issues.
- Produce accurate and effective documentation to industry standards.
- Be responsible for the ownership of customer issues and progress to resolution or escalation.
- Adhere to relevant change control processes.
- Develop strong customer relationships to drive further engagement.
- Act as point of escalation internally and offer mentoring to junior staff.
- Likely to be travelling 30-40% of your time
The ideal candidate for this IT Security Consultant role will have an in-depth level of knowledge of IT Security products and hands on experience of their installation, configuration and deployment. Furthermore you will have excellent communication skills as you will be expected to travel to customer site and be customer facing.
You will have experience within:
- Bluecoat WSS / SWG
- Encryption technologies (disk encryption, secure email)
- Email hygiene and email infrastructure (SMTP, MX, SPAM etc)
- Endpoint security solutions
- VMWare Infrastructure administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and 2013 installation and support experience
- Active Directory/LDAP administration
- Networking Skills (routing/firewalls/switching)
- Microsoft SQL Server implementation, configuration and support experience
The role may also require the ability to mentor and develop other members of the team and may include overseeing a number of projects carried out by other vendors or service providers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer a competitive salary, good benefits package and a choice of either a car allowance or company car to the right individual along with future career opportunities.