IT Security Engineer - Digital Security / Network Security
Hampshire: Southampton, Winchester
Salary up to £36,000 + benefits + flexible working
An IT Security Engineer / Information Security Engineer is required to join a growing team to provide efficient support and advice on IT Security performance and support. You will join an active team with numerous live IT projects running.
As part to the role you will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of IT / Cyber security across multiple Platforms, Networks and Applications. The key focus is to ensure the company is protected from cyber and information security risks, complies with all relevant legislation and follows security best practices.
In addition The role will manage demand by working proactively with internal customers ensuring a professional service with the highest possible standards of digital advice on cyber security, resolving complex cases, manage and deliver digital developments across the Council, primarily supporting internal customers.
Skills and experience
- Recent experience in an IT, Digital or Cyber Security role
- Extensive knowledge in all aspects of Network / Infrastructure management
- Advanced working knowledge of IT Security best practice
- Excellent knowledge of Network Security and proactive risk management
- Experience of working in a Service Delivery environment
- Experience of the full IT / Development lifecycle
- Cisco ASA, EMC, SAN
- MS stack; Active Directory, Exchange, etc
- HP Procurve
- CCNA or similar would be beneficial
The role offers scope for progression and training and the company are renowned for offering a great work life balance and flexible working.
To be considered please apply to this advert or contact me via our Website / LinkedIn.