IT Service Desk Technician is required to join a growing and progressive finance company from their office based in Petersfield on an initial 12-month fixed term contract.
The role of a IT Service Desk Technicain will involve being the initial point of contact for all technical issues that come into my client from their customer base as well as supporting internal users.
- Be able to assess IT issues raised by customers to ensure a full understanding of the problem, escalating to senior support engineers when necessary.
- Where possible, diagnose the cause of the problem in order to identify the most appropriate fix and ensure an effective, robust resolution.
- Log issues raised by clients accurately, keeping records of time spent on problem resolution.
- Assist with the building of hardware and operating system rollouts, installing appropriate software to meet customer needs, ensuring that hardware and software is configured correctly.
- Interact professionally with customers and colleagues at all times, ensuring customers are fully satisfied with the service provided.
- Installing hardware;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
The ideal candidate for this positon will have some experience working within IT Support and if possible have an industry recognised qualification.
You will have experience within some of the following areas.
- Windows Desktop (ideally Windows 7, 8 and 10).
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016 and Active Directory administration.
- Microsoft Office and ideally, Office 365.
- Experience setting up & troubleshooting work spaces, monitors, PC, phones and printers
As you will be speaking to customers your communication skills must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further training opportunities along with career progression to the right individual.