An IT Software Asset Manager is required for a household name based in Basingstoke going through exciting changes within IT.
As Software Asset Manager you will responsible for managing and controlling the software assets within this corporate organisation.
You are also responsible for ensuring that the consumption of the growing Cloud services within the AA (IaaS & SaaS) are effectively managed on an ongoing basis
The role of Software Asset Manager
- Track and manage consumption of all Cloud Services (eg Azure IaaS, Atlassian SaaS)
- Ensure Software Asset Management operational processes are maintained and reviewed regularly.
- Providing credible summarised SAM data for license usage, software audits and other standard reports
- Responsibility for the SAM & Cloud Consumption processes and tooling
- Lead negotiations relating to Software License Management
- Own all formal Software asset audits
- Providing Snow reports for IT Operations, Procurement etc
- Reconciling under-licensed or over-licensed software
- Ensuring CMDB accuracy and effective CI record management
- Providing comprehensive documentation where necessary
- Facilitating the delivery of complex software requests, ensuring effective re-use of existing licences where possible
- Providing the consumption feedback as part of the contract renewal governance process
- Ensuring sufficient licences to be compliant with vendor contracts
- Working with infrastructure delivery management and infrastructure design to ensure that they understand the licence implications of infrastructure changes
The successful Software Asset Manager will have;
- Proven end-to-end SAM experience
- Experience of using ITSM software (ideally ServiceNow and Snow Licence Manager)
- Software licensing management in major software vendors - Oracle, Microsoft, VMware,
- Ideally a good understanding of Cloud technologies (IaaS & SaaS) including Cloud management tools
- Expert understanding of Software License risk management
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
- Expert in interpreting vendor licensing terms and conditions for the benefit of the AA
- Ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of CMDB and the lifecycle of CI's
- High detective, analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and virtual environments.
- IT Asset Management toolset experience.
The software Asset Manager role is paying £60,000 with excellent benefits including; Up to 20% bonus, Car Allowance, 25 days holiday, Pension and more.
To apply please forward your CV to ChrisLynes@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Chris on 02380 765 805