IT Support Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000
IT Support Engineer required by a growing technology company based in Wokingham. Due to continued success and planned expansion the company are looking to hire an IT Support Engineer to join their existing support team.
This varied, primarily internal infrastructure role involves end-user support and offers many opportunities to expand on existing server-side, workstation, network and virtualisation skills. The successful IT Support Engineer must have strong Linux experience as well as excellent communication and problem-solving skills. They should be able to build, deploy and support of production Linux servers and workstations for hardware, software (LAMP stack) and networking issues.
- Virtualisation - VMWare vSphere.
- Linux Server (ideally Debian and/or CentOS).
- Linux web, application and email server set-up and configuration.
- Storage appliances - SMB and NFS
- Network hardware - Switching - Router Config - WiFi.
- Telephony - PBX/VoIP systems.
- Microsoft Server, Active Directory, LDAP, MS Exchange.
- Backup and Restore software experience - bare metal and/or virtualised platforms
- Administration of internal systems such as: Jira, VPN, 2FA, Server and Service availability, performance and resource monitoring.
If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature, please contact CharlieFayers@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 298