IT Systems Administrator is required to join a progressive and highly ambitious company from their head offices based in Ryde, on the Isle Of Wight.
The role of IT Systems Administrator is to work in a small internal IT team where you will be responsible for the availability, efficiency, security and smooth running of the company's systems and infrastructure. You will be working closely with the service desk team to ensure that any escalated issues are dealt with efficiently and quickly. You will also be responsible for the planning and implementation of major infrastructure based projects across the head office but also various other satellite offices within the UK.
The ideal candidate for this role will be working within a similar role at the moment and you will have:
- An IT Educated to degree level / equivalent
- At least MCSA Certification / equivalent
- Minimum of three years' experience
- Extensive experience in system administration, scripting, technical troubleshooting and hardware support and implementation
- Microsoft Server Operating systems (Server 2012 / 2016)
- Microsoft technologies
- LAN, WAN, VPN and security
- Strong awareness of corporate information security, especially PCI DSS, SOX, DLP, network security
- Strong understanding of internet protocols and services such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP and associated protocols
- Sub Version of other source control system
As you will be liaising with different departments and third-party suppliers then your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer further career opportunities and training along with a great benefits package. As this role is based in Ryde on the Isle Of Wight, my client would be willing to pay for hover craft fees between Southsea and Ryde.